Carousel 2

Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Weekends

I have a weird love/hate relationship with the weekends.  I love them because that means no real routine with a hurried breakfast and driving to school on time.  I love them because my husband is home and that gives me a break.  I love them because we get to go to the beach or some other fun place.  But...I somewhat dislike them because there is no real routine and I never know what to make for breakfast.  I somewhat dislike them because the kids are excited that Daddy is home and are jumping all over the place and that gives me a break to do the laundry :[  I somewhat dislike them because we usually end up going out to the beach all day and coming home with 3 exhausted kids and more laundry to do.

Maybe we should have more of a routine on the weekends.  Children with ADD need routine and set schedules.  However, with such a strict routine during the week, it's nice to have a break!  Today, at the beach, Pumpkin ran and ran with Daddy.  It was great to see him have such a fun time, smiling and then continuing to be a good boy through dinner and into bedtime!  I love it when he's happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment