Carousel 2

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

What else can I say?  Gluten-free, sugar-free is exhausting!  I am constantly at the grocery store and in the kitchen.  I don't have a dishwasher so all the cooking and baking dishes need to be done right away.  There have been times that my dishes are drying on the drying rack, on one side of the counter and taking over the stove top! 

In the last couple of weeks, I have attempted to bake blueberry muffins, heart-shaped pancakes, and chocolate cake.  I have cooked an endless amount of chicken, turkey, rice, beans, and tortillas.  This is not easy coming from a regular mom who has no back ground in cooking what-so-ever!  I grew up on spaghetti and casseroles mostly and never even really learned how to measure properly!  Let's just say, the blueberry muffins were a huge success but the pancakes were another story!  I'll try to post pictures and even recipes when I have more time!

As far as the "Big Question" - Is the diet working?     -     YES!  My husband and I think it actually is!  It's hard to believe that something so small can make such a huge difference.  We have seen a tremendous difference in his ability to understand consequences and focusing on what matters.  He has been obeying us much more consistently and is not fighting us as much.  I have so much to say about this that I'll have to do a separate post just on his behavior.  The best way I can describe it is this - a fog has bee lifted from his brain and he is aware of what is around him and loves himself again!  It is a beautiful thing and again - all praise and glory go to God in Heaven!

1 comment:

  1. We changed our diet too at the beginning of the year for Naomi-no chemicals, additives, preservatives or food dyes. You are so right that it is hard!

    ReplyDelete